Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

At 33 weeks Haley weighs in at over 4 pounds and is more than 17 inches in length. She is the approximate heft of a pineapple. When I read that all I could think of was SpongeBob Square Pants and his house in Bikini Bottom.

We're continuing to count down the weeks until Haley's arrival - t-minus 7 and counting! I think Karl's nesting instinct is stronger than mine. Last night he bought and assembled shelves for her closet. He's such a good dad! For Father's Day, Haley gave Karl a cute I Love Daddy bib...that will come in handy for all those late night feedings he'll tackle:O) Barley and Chloe made him a special breakfast, with my assistance. We all love him so much!

Last weekend we attended our birthing class, which was a giant disappointment to say the least. Karl and I both think that the instructor could make for a great Saturday Night Live skit. We learned that Karl's biggest and most important job as a labor coach is to have the car gassed up and ready to go. That was her biggest piece of advice...and sadly we paid $65 for that bit of knowledge. Fortunately, I've been doing a lot of reading and Karl has been absorbing my random bits of knowledge I read aloud to him. Also, my best friend Stacey and sister-in-law Paige have been valuable resources of baby knowledge - they graciously answer all of my (ridiculous) questions.

I have to give a special shout out to Karl. He suprised me last night with a new wardrobe of maternity clothes. For a guy that claims to hate shopping, he picked out a bunch of really cute things. Thanks Babes, you're the greatest!

No comments: