Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

At 34 weeks we're still in the tropical fruit section of our pregnancy. Haley is weighing in at approximately 4 3/4 pounds and is almost 18 inches long. She is comparable to a cantaloupe...I'm not sure I've ever seen a cantaloupe that big before.


Haley and I received a clean bill of health at our doctor's appointment earlier this week. I asked Dr. Newby if she guesstimates the weight of her patients babies. She thinks that I'm on track to deliver an 8 pounder...wow! Of course, the doctor was quick to say that her estimation is just that...and I shouldn't get too hung up on the size. Karl and I continue to be thankful for a healthy pregnancy.

Haley and I have had two baby showers in just 5 days time! The first was thrown by my best friend Stacey and her mom Kathy. To say Haley and I were spoiled would be an understatement. Everything from the decor to the food was amazing - Stacey and Kathy put so much work into everything. Haley and I had a great time! I continue to believe Karl's nesting instinct is stronger than mine. After I showed him all of our loot he immediately wanted to wash all the clothes and put together those items requiring assembly.

The second was hosted by several co-workers. I was treated to lunch at Grand Street Cafe and again, was spoiled rotten.

It's amazing to know how many people are excited to meet Haley. Karl and I are incredibly blessed to have such amazing friends, family and co-workers.

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

Hi Kara & Karl,

I hope you receive this post, because if you do, then it means I've finally been able to enter your domain!! Cute pictures of a very precious baby girl!

Aunt Cyndi