Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Time Flies

Time is flying by - I can't believe we're already at 26 weeks. In a few more short weeks we'll be in the 3rd trimester.

Our trusty internet sources tell us that Haley is as tall as an English Hothouse Cucumber...very specific. This means she's about 14 inches long from head to heel and weighs in at 1 2/3 lbs.

Haley continues to move around a lot, which is amazing - slightly less amazing at 3 am, but a blessing none the less. Karl's gotten to feel her squirming around as well and I'm pretty sure Barley the Wonderhound felt it over the weekend. He was snuggling with me when she kicked - he looked at my belly very strangely after that.

The doctor tells me I'm healthy - no anemia, high blood pressure or diabetes. Woo! I feel lucky to have such an easy going pregnancy so far (knocking on wood). I wonder if this means that Haley's going to give us a run for our money when she arrives. Beginning in June I'll be visiting the doctor every two weeks...Dr. Newby telling me that made me realize that Haley really will be here before we know it.

We've found our daycare provider - what a relief! Sheri runs a small daycare out of her home and only has three infants (under 18 months) in her care at a time. Currently, Haley will be her only full-time baby, which means the little bean will get lots of snuggles.

P.S. Charlie continues to be the cutest nephew on the block. I had the pleasure of co-babysitting with the grandparents a few weekends ago. We put him in his bouncy chair while we ate and Charlie decided to rip a number of very loud man-sized toots and flash us a darling smile after each one - he's such a boy! How come baby toots are so ridiculously cute?

No comments: