Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

KSquared in the Kitchen: Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies

I love each of the four seasons for their unique sense of style.

Spring breaths new life into everyone and everything - flowers, green grass, warming breezes are all welcome after a cold winter. Summer is full of adventure - backyard barbeques, long dusky evenings, kids playing outside and cicadas providing the soundtrack. Winter gives me a feeling of nostalgia - we slow down, burrow under quilts, snuggle in front of fires, spend time with our families and eat comforting foods. Fall...my personal favorite. Fall is the shy, modest sister. Spring, Summer and Winter are outgoing with their wild temperates and suprising storms. Fall is calm, she is soothing, she is predictable. Fall and I are good friends - she brings me crisp evenings, Halloween, hues of orange and deep reds. She encourages me to eat soup and wear my favorite worn out jeans. Most imporantly, Fall brings me apples fresh from the local orchard and pumpkins straight from the farm.

I love all things pumpkin. Sweet or savory, I do not discriminate. This recipe is as easy as it delicious. 

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies

1 box spice cake mix
1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
1 bag mini chocolate chips

Preheat your oven to 350.  Mix the three ingredients and drop by the teaspoon on a lighly greased cookie sheet.  Bake for 12-15 minutes.  Makes approximately 42 cookies. 

No comments: