Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Months 10 & 11


July 5, 2010

Dear Haley,

Consider this letter a combo of months 10 and 11. These last few months have been melancholy for me - your baby-ness is starting to soften at the edges and bits of your little girl self is starting to appear. I’m aghast that you’ll be one in a few short weeks.

You make Daddy and I laugh; you have conversations with us (yourself, anyone that will listen) but said in babbles of m, g, d, l and b sounds. You show such emotion, such expression - there are a lot of things you want to tell us. We can’t wait to hear all the stories you’re going to share with us. In the meantime we’re hanging on to every bit of your baby girl blabber.

In the last few weeks you’ve started pulling up and it’s clear you have no fear. You are ready to move on to the next thing - you so want to be racing around with other kids. I watched as you pulled yourself into a standing position, so proud, and let your hands go but for a split second. A moment later you so very gently sat yourself down. You are daring and delicate all at the same time.

You are a social butterfly! Taking you shopping is an adventure - your squeaks and screeches (I think you’re saying ‘hi’) can be heard throughout the store. You flash a smile of pure joy, showing off your 8 teeth and furiously waving your chubby hand back and forth. Meanwhile, your plump legs are kicking back and forth. I dare anyone to try and not smile when you wave at them.

I’m working on your first birthday party. I want so much for you Bug, most of which can’t be purchased in a toy store. More than anything else, I want you to know how much I love you.

You are the sun, the moon and stars in my sky.

Love,
Mama

No comments: