Pages

Friday, October 9, 2009

Month 2


September 30, 2009

Dear Haley,

How is possible that you’re already two months old? I always though parents that said “time flies” were hokey. I’ve officially joined the hokey mom club because it seems as though time is racing by at warp speed. I have trouble remembering my life before you entered it; it seems as though you’ve always been a part of it.

You continue to grow sweeter each day and are starting to show more of your personality. Your first smiles lit up our world this month - gummy and beautiful. Your smile takes up your whole face from chin to brow; and recently you’ve added a squeal of delight to accompany. Such joy!

You’ve started to be aware of things around you - us, your puppies, and other children. We often wonder what you must think of this brave new world of yours. Each day your dad and I discover some new ability of yours and in typical new parent fashion believe you to be the most intelligent, most advanced, and most beautiful baby on the face of the earth.

You’ve started daycare and I have gone back to work. I dreaded this moment and you rewarded me with fewer middle of the night wake-up calls. Thank you! However groggy I may be in the morning, I secretly relish those hushed 1 am feedings. Just the two of us (with the occasional dog) snuggled together in your cozy cocoon of a room. The world is still asleep, but we’re tucked in under blankets and swaying in your rocking chair. Those are delicious moments I wouldn’t trade for anything.

You are the sun, the moon and stars in my sky.

Love,
Mama

No comments: